Rossana R. Ramires, M.SLP, CCC-SLP, OMTS, PHS
I have spent the last 13 years working with children and adults as a Speech-Language Pathologist and as a specialist in the area of Orofacial Myofunctional Therapy (OMT). My main focus as a professional is to provide individualized treatment and customized therapy, always looking for team work approach, when applicable.
I received my Bachelor’s degree in Speech-Language Pathology from the Metodista Izabela Hendrix University Center, in Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil and my Master’s degree in Speech-Language Pathology from Pontifical Catholic University, São Paulo, SP, Brazil. I also participated in 2-year post-graduate specialization programs, one in Orofacial Myofunctional Therapy and another in Public Health.
I was awarded with a certificate of specialist in the area of Orofacial Myofunctional Therapy by the Brazilian Speech-Language-Hearing Federal Council in 2005.
My professional history also includes positions such as Speech-Language Pathologist Supervisor, Rehabilitation Coordinator, as well as a Research Professor and Mentor. I have consistently conducted research and have published several scientific papers and a book chapter.
I have extensive experience working with clients with oral motor, normal and abnormal orofacial/craniofacial development and function, and orofacial functional disorders associated with incorrect swallowing patterns (known as tongue thrust), mouth breathing, abnormal sucking habits, facial paralysis, orthognathic surgery, and craniofacial abnormalities like cleft lip and palate and dental malocclusion.
I moved from Brazil to the U.S. in 2012. I am fluent in English and in Portuguese, and I am working on my Spanish!
I currently split my time lecturing and presenting nationally, and working in private practice in Seattle and Gig Harbor. I love to travel, cook and spend time with my family and friends.
More about me:
• Member of American Speech and Hearing Association (ASHA)
• Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology (CCC-SLP) issued by ASHA
• WA State License – Department of Health, Speech-Language Pathologist
• Member of NW Orofacial Myology study group
• Certificate of Orofacial Myofunctional Therapy Specialist issued by the Brazilian Speech-Language-Hearing Federal Council (OMTS)
• Washington Education Staff Associate Certificate (ESA)
• Current adult and pediatric First Aid/CPR/AED Certificate issued by American Red Cross
Insurance and Billing:
Please contact us for more information.